Beautiful, refreshing, real. Leaked or not, hats off to Ms. Crawford.
My girl and I spent the night making homemade potato-stamped Valentine cards for her classmates. It was great fun, so I thought I’d share a tutorial.
- Avery postcards (available from WalMart, Amazon.com, etc.)
- Large Russet potato
- Acrylic paint
- Markers for decorating
- Ball-point pen
- Serrated knife
- Paint brush
- Paper towels
- Slice the potato in half
- Draw heart into potato face with pen
- Carefully cut down into the potato on the heart tracing, then from the side cut horizontally about a 1/4″ down to remove the excess flesh
- Press stamp into a paper towel until the potato face is dry
- Brush on paint until the stamp is saturated
- Press the stamp firmly onto the post card and give gentle left / right and top / bottom pressure
- Lift stamp straight up
- After the card is dry, decorate as desired
We love that each heart and card is different!